No, now just a single Apple ID may track an individual AirTag on iOS 16.7 or early
UPD: iOS 17 by Apple brings an innovative addition for AirTag enthusiasts: the capability to share your AirTags with friends or family members. This feature allows you to share tracking information with up to five individuals, enhancing convenience in keeping tabs on your belongings. In the event that something goes missing, any member of the group also will be able to use Precision Finding to pinpoint the location of the misplaced AirTag.
iOS 17 Compatibility: Which iPhones Can Run It?
Step-by-Step Guide to Share AirTags with iOS 17
- Open the 'Find My' app on your iPhone and select the 'Items' tab.
- From the list of items, tap on the AirTag you want to share.
- You'll see an option for 'Add Person' under the 'Share This AirTag' section. Tap on it.
- Tap 'Continue' to proceed with sharing the selected AirTag.
- Select the contacts with whom you want to share the AirTag. You can choose up to five individuals.
- Once the contacts are selected, hit the 'Send' button.
That's it! The 'Share This AirTag' section will now display a list of contacts with whom the selected AirTag is shared.
How to Stop Sharing an AirTag
If you ever need to revoke a user's access to your shared AirTag, follow these simple steps:
- In the 'Find My' app, go to the 'Items' tab and select the shared AirTag.
- Under the 'Share This AirTag' section, tap on the name of the contact you want to remove.
- A menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap on 'Remove.'
- Confirm your action by tapping the 'Stop Sharing' button.
The person will no longer be able to track the AirTag's location, and they'll be notified if the AirTag is used to track them.
And there you have it! Sharing AirTags in iOS 17 is a true game-changer, making it easier than ever for groups to keep track of shared items. So, gear up and share the convenience of AirTags with your family and friends!
Comprehensive AirTag F.A.Q.
AirTag Wallet: A Comprehensive Guide
How to Factory Reset an AirTag so that it may be used by someone else
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap on the AirTag that you want to remove by choosing its name from the list.
- Swipe upwards to bring up the full AirTag settings.
- Tap on "Remove Item."
- Tap on "Remove" and then tap again on the "Remove" popup.