Customizing the lock screen on your iPhone can help you get quick access to the features and apps you use the most, as well as display information that's important to you. By following the steps in this guide, you can easily customize your lock screen settings and make your iPhone work the way you want it to.
Step 1: Access the Settings app. The first step to customize the lock screen on your iPhone is to access the Settings app. The Settings app is represented by a gray icon with gears on it. Tap the icon to open the app.
Step 2: Open Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode. Once you're in the Settings app, scroll down until you find the option for Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode, depending on your iPhone model. Tap on it to open the settings page.
Step 3: Enter your passcode. If prompted, enter your passcode or use your biometric authentication to authenticate. This step is necessary to prevent unauthorized access to your device's settings.
Step 4: Customize your lock screen settings. Once you're on the Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode settings page, scroll down to the "Allow Access When Locked" section. This is where you can customize which features and apps are accessible from the lock screen.
Here are some of the most popular features that you can customize on the lock screen:
- Today View: The Today View is a widget screen that displays information about your day, such as your calendar appointments, weather, and news headlines. To add or remove widgets from the Today View, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification Center, then scroll down to the bottom and tap on the "Edit" button.
- Siri: If you want to be able to use Siri from the lock screen, you can turn on this feature. When Siri is enabled on the lock screen, you can ask it to perform a variety of tasks, like sending messages, making phone calls, or setting reminders.
- Reply with Message: This feature allows you to quickly reply to a message from the lock screen. When a notification pops up on the lock screen, swipe left on it to reveal the "Reply" button. Then, select one of the pre-written response options or type out your own.
- Home Control: If you have smart home devices connected to your iPhone, you can control them from the lock screen. To customize the Home Control settings, go to Settings > Home > Rooms & Zones > [Room Name] > Edit.
- Wallet: If you use Apple Pay or store loyalty cards in the Wallet app, you can access them from the lock screen. To customize your Wallet settings, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
Step 5: Save your changes Once you've customized your lock screen settings to your liking, tap the "Back" button in the top-left corner of the screen to save your changes and exit the settings page.
Step 6: Test your changes To make sure that your changes have been applied to the lock screen, lock your iPhone by pressing the side button or the top button, depending on your iPhone model. Then, wake up your iPhone by pressing the same button again or by lifting it up. You should see your new lock screen settings in action.