In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to set up a contact photo or poster on your iPhone with iOS 17. From personalizing your user card to managing your templates, we've got you covered.
Setting Up a Contact Photo or Poster
Follow these easy steps to customize your contact photo or poster:
- Launch the Phone app. Start by accessing your phone app. Once opened, navigate to the Contacts menu.
- Select your User Card. Look for your User Card within the contacts and select it to proceed.
- Access the Photo & Poster option. Tap on the Contact Photo & Poster option, then select Edit.
- Customize your contact photo. If you're setting up the contact photo for the first time, tap Customize.
- Choose your preference. When prompted, select either Contact Photo or Poster, depending on your preference.
- Set your desired look. You can set a desired look for your contact photo from a variety of options like Camera, Photos, Memoji, and Monogram.
- Choose a Memoji style. Once you've selected a Memoji of your choice, choose a style and then hit Next.
- Move and scale your design. Adjust the size and position of your design as per your liking. Once satisfied, hit Choose and then Next.
- Apply your photo everywhere. You’ll be asked if you want to Use This Photo Everywhere. If you want your contact photo or poster to be shared with every synced contact in your Apple ID, tap "Use".
- Review your caller profile. Have an overview of how your caller profile will appear to people.
- Decide on sharing your profile. Additionally, toggle on the Name & Photo Sharing option and select how you want to share your profile.
Deleting a Saved Contact Photo or Poster in iOS 17
Over time, you might accumulate several contact photo or poster templates. To manage your templates and remove the ones you're not going to use, follow these steps:
- Follow steps 1-4 from the previous section.
- Swipe up on the template you wish to delete.
- Tap the "Bi" icon and then "Delete" when prompted.
- Finally, hit "Done" to conclude the process.