The Apple Watch Series 9 brings a wave of features making it a solid companion for your swimming sessions. Whether you're taking a dip in the pool or exploring the calm shores, understanding the watery capabilities of your new wrist companion is essential. This comprehensive guide dives into the Apple Watch Series 9's swimming features, setting you up for a splashy success.
Water Resistance Rating:
- The Apple Watch Series 9 is rated with a water resistance of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This rating is ideal for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean but not suitable for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other high-velocity water or submersion activities.
Starting a Swimming Workout:
To track your swimming workouts, follow these steps:
- Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch.
- Turn the Digital Crown to select either Open Water Swim or Pool Swim.
- For Pool Swim workouts, set the pool length, then tap Start.
- Once finished, press and hold the Digital Crown to unlock your Apple Watch, tap End, then tap End Workout
Water Lock Feature
- Engage the Water Lock feature during swimming workouts to prevent accidental screen taps. To manually clear water from Apple Watch, open Control Center, tap Water Lock, then turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear any remaining water.
- After swimming, it's advisable to rinse your Apple Watch under lightly running, warm, fresh water, and dry it thoroughly. Avoid exposing it to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergents, acids, or any substances other than fresh water.
The Apple Watch Series 9’s WR50 rating makes it suitable for light swimming and bathing, but it's not designed for water sports or other heavy water activities. It's a great choice for fitness enthusiasts who enjoy lap swimming but may not meet the needs of avid swimmers or those engaging in high-velocity water sports.
With the Apple Watch Series 9 on your wrist, you're well-equipped to track your swimming workouts and enjoy some shallow water fun. By following the guidelines for use and post-swim care, you can keep your device in tip-top shape for many more aquatic adventures to come.