Apple's Magic Trackpad is a versatile tool that offers a range of gestures to enhance your navigation and interaction with your Mac.
Magic Trackpad Gestures
The Magic Trackpad supports a variety of gestures designed to streamline your interaction with files and applications. Depending on your MacOS version, your trackpad may support up to 19 gestures. You can control the settings and customize each of the Magic Trackpad gestures under System Preferences >> Trackpad.
Tap to click. Tap with one finger to click.
Secondary click (right-click). Click or tap with two fingers.
Smart zoom. Double-tap with two fingers to zoom in and back out of a webpage or PDF.
Swipe left from the right edge with two fingers to show Notification Center.
Create custom trackpad gestures
For more customization, you can use third-party software to create additional gestures or change existing ones:
BetterTouchTool: This is a paid app that allows you to create custom gestures for your Mac & MacBook. Here's a general guide on how to use it:
- Download and install BetterTouchTool.
- Open BetterTouchTool from your Applications folder.
- In the left panel, select "Trackpad".
- Click the "+ Add New Gesture" button.
- In the Touchpad Gesture section, select the number of fingers and the gesture from the dropdown menus.
- In the Assigned Action section, click the dropdown menu and select the action you want to trigger with this gesture.
- Your custom gesture is now set up.
The Magic Trackpad is a powerful tool that can greatly enhance your productivity and interaction with your Mac, Macbook or iPad. By mastering these gestures, you can navigate your Mac with ease and efficiency. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don't hesitate to spend some time getting familiar with these gestures. Happy navigating!